Name:
Location: Madras, India

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Heard @ Cafeteria

Cafeteria is where I get to hear all sorts of freaky tales.

Colleague1: “This happened during my early days with the organization. There was this guy, Veeru, seated next to me. We were good buddies. One morning I got a call at my extension. The caller asked for Veeru. It was well inside working hours and Veeru hadn’t turned up yet. I thought it was some manager looking for Veeru. Just to cover-up his absence, I said, “I don’t see Veeru in his seat now. He was here sometime ago. Probably he is at the restroom”. The voice said, “Abbe, how come you saw me sometime ago? I am still at home. I called you just to inform you that I would come to office a bit late today”. God! So much for trying to protect him”.

Colleague2: “Listen to this. Do you remember S, our old teammate? He once called me at my extension. I was a bit busy then. So, I told him, “I have a high fever. I have taken a day off today and am taking rest at home”. He heard me out, recommended some tablets, wished me a speedy recovery and disconnected the phone. He saw me at the Cafeteria during lunch that day. He demanded why I was in the office when I was ill and was on leave. I reminded him that it was at my extension that I told him the whole story about my leave. He went red all over his face when he realized the prank that I had played on him. I sensed that one more teasing word from me and he would happily beat me up. I always knew when to stop”.

Colleague3: Cafeteria was a lot better a few months ago. With the transparent roof and all, it was bright and brisk then. I don’t know why they blackened the roof.

Colleague2: “I know the reason. When the cafeteria was bright, our guys had this habit of finding weird stuffs in the lunch and made it a point to lodge complaints against the caterers. The caterers somehow got the roof blackened. Now they receive fewer complaints about the food they provide. It is a bloody scam”.

Colleague2 to Colleague3: “If you think that you take a lot of time to finish your lunch because you eat slowly, I am sorry to say that you are wrong. You actually take a lot of time to finish your lunch because you eat a lot”.

As I said, Cafeteria is where I get to hear all sorts of freaky tales.

5 Comments:

Blogger D LordLabak said...

LOL...the first one was funny.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger Sakshi said...

Funny..
I should write about our lunch time stories .. hmmm

Friday, February 02, 2007 5:39:00 AM  
Blogger Artnavy said...

amusing stuff. we never tire of cribbing about the food here

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

Ya that is what helps you endure the cafeteria food!

Friday, February 09, 2007 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

deepa,
:)

sakshi,
you must :)

artnavy,
it is easy to find fault with food that we don't cook, isn't it? :P

usha,
friends say that my taste buds are ever-hibernating. i tend to eat whatever is available as long as it doesn't have vegetables like tomato, brinjal, raddish, ... well, almost all the vegetables :)

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home