Name:
Location: Madras, India

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

J and K

The Holiday is one of the sweetest movies I have ever seen. I had this stupid grin on my face for the whole time I watched it. Thank goodness, they screen movies with lights off. Else, the people at the movie hall would have embarrassed no end to have a hopelessly emotional person among them. Everything in this world has got a primary reason and several secondary reasons. All the while I was under the impression that the primary reason for switching off the lights at movie halls was to enhance viewing.

It is what I would brand as ‘my type of movie’ – mushy to the hilt with no trace of melancholy. It has not just one or two sweet characters, but a bunch of them. Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black, Eli Wallach, the two kids – all at their sweetest best. When I stepped out of the movie hall, I made a mental note, “The Holiday is a must to my DVD collection”. Boy! Do I have a crush over Kate Winslet or what? Come on... I got over teenage like a million years ago.

And then I watched Pretty Woman for the first time. Yeah. For the first time. Julia Roberts! Wow! The Goddess of toothy grins. I think that her smile is worth all those 20 million dollars that she charges for her movies.

Wanna watch and hear 'my type' of mushy song? Try this.

9 Comments:

Blogger Life Lover said...

Its a crime. Not watching pretty woman for sooo long!! Newayz, you finally did so better late than never. i'm sure you enjoyed it, i know guys who used to be crazy about julia roberts- i liked her in my best friends wedding and pelican brief, probably a little in pretty woman too.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:51:00 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

will check this one out...oops!what was the last move I saw in a theatre? oh yeah Madagascar.....

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:33:00 PM  
Blogger Sakshi said...

*Shaking her head in dispair*
Mushy films, REALLY??

Thursday, December 21, 2006 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

life lover,
// know guys who used to be crazy about julia roberts
i would be surprised if you come across any guy who is not crazy about julia roberts :)

deepa,
madagascar!!?? wasn't that released a million years ago? :P

sakshi,
really. and i am not ashamed of it :D

Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Artnavy said...

u watched pretty woman only now??

Pity julia roberts does not dazzle as much any more- she looks so gaunt now

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

i know plenty of them who aren't crazy about her. i guess they don't like her smile that streches across the seven seas. not my line, one of my good friends said this about her! btw, happy holidays

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

oooh ive been waiting for this movie - but it hasnt been released here :(

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Basanti said...

And here's someone who loved KANK! :-) I still can't get over it!! You saw it twice! :-)

Hmm.. I like mushy movies too..! I like all kind of movies, except mindless action! Give me mindless comedy anyday! :D

Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

artnavy,
yeah. some how i missed it for quite long :)

life lover,
that is pity. the thing i like about her the most is her mile-long-smile :D

visithra,
'the holiday' is too sweet :)

basanti,
come on, you sound as though, by watching kank twice and liking it, i have done something heinous like throwing stones at a harmless cute sleeping puppy... :P
i am sort of addicted to mindless comedies. why else would i spend 100 euros on the complete collection of 'friends', in spite of already having 8 of its seasons?

Friday, December 29, 2006 8:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home