Name:
Location: Madras, India

Friday, December 01, 2006

Where is my Hubby?

Hi Indhira,

It gives me immense pleasure in inviting you and your hubby to my marriage with A on the 8th of December.
Your presence is of great importance to us on this memorable day!

M

This is the content of a mail that I received today.

Me: “Wow! M is getting married! And he has remembered to invite me”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “Seems there are a few people to acknowledge you existence. That is surprising”
Me: “Yippee!!! I am not friendless as I had feared”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “He has invited you and your hubby”
Me: “Hubby? What hubby?? M knows that I don’t have a hubby. Even if I marry, I will not get a hubby. Instead, I will become a hubby. May be it is a bulk mail”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “He has adressed you specifically”
Me: “May be he used the same template to invite all his friends”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “Or may be he is just pulling your leg”
Me: “Come on. Don’t be ridiculous. Why should he pull my leg”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “Remember, you don’t need a reason to pull one’s leg. May be he indirectly advises you to get married”
Me: “Before December 8? Where would I find a spouse in such a short notice?”
Voice-Inside-My-Head: “Google for it”

I googled for “Where is my hubby?”. Got 1,540,000 search results.

Voice-Inside-My-Head: “Your hubby is somewhere among those 1,540,000 results”
Me: “Damn. It is impossible to find the hubby from those 1,540,000 links before December 8. Thank God, I wouldn’t be in India on that day. Else, M would kick me away from the marriage hall if I turn up there without my hubby” *I think M meant spouse when he said hubby*

P.S.: M said that it was a mistake and that he noticed the ‘hubby’ part only after sending the mail.

10 Comments:

Blogger D LordLabak said...

Thats too much I say.

Friday, December 01, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Thats too much I say.

Friday, December 01, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

“Your hubby is somewhere among those 1,540,000 results”

So that's how this marriage thing works! :P

Friday, December 01, 2006 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Usha said...

That voice inside your head constantly nagging you- must be making you feel like you are already married - to it!So you can make it your "hubby" and go to the wedding!

Sunday, December 03, 2006 12:56:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

deepa,
:P

sharon,
i guess so. :P :P

usha,
me married to the voice-inside-my-head?? god! same my poor soul. i want to divorce it. :D

Monday, December 04, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

unfortunately for u i think the voice in ur hade never plans to leave ;p till death do us part ;p hehehe

lol poor u ;p do send my regards to ur hubby

Monday, December 04, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

visithra,
that is scary...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 4:19:00 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

LOL! :--)
Did you notice, it is addressed to Indhira???

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

saranya kishore,
it is me. i am indhira :D
welcome to gibberdom :)

Thursday, December 07, 2006 6:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...absolutely hilarious.
I liked your blog! Damn :P

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home