Name:
Location: Madras, India

Friday, October 27, 2006

Operation Ponytail

I did it, atlast. Combed my hair back, held them tight and fastened them with a band. Yoohoo!!! I am living my dreams. I have a ponytail. Well, not exactly a pony’s tail... May be a pony-ka-bachcha’s tail. Or, may be a pony that has just stepped out of a saloon after a tidy haircut. Some hair in the front couldn’t reach the band. They hang loose. The tail is so small that it looks more like a pigtail than a ponytail.

My head is now in the shape of an egg. A giant egg. If someday the elephants decide to lay eggs, they will look exactly like my head. By the way, these Dutch people call Elephant as Olyfont (oly as in holy) and they are crazy about elephants. Watch out for Zoop in India. They have even tried to recreate Bollywoodwala Jadoo. Hilarious attempt! Check out the popularity of Jadoo among the dutch kids.

Let me come back to our topic. The first day I wore ponytail to office, the response was rather confused.

Colleague: You metamorphosing into a Dutch or what?

Manager 1: Ennada aachu? Ponnu madhiri irukke... (What happened? You look like a girl).
I was in the state of shock for the rest of the day. Not that I have anything against women . It is just that I am used to being a male.

Manager 2: Hey Indra, look at you. You look good.
Me (selfconsciously): Hehe… Thanks.
Manager 2 (to Manager 1): Isn’t Indra’s hairstyle good?
Manager 1: No. I hate it.
Manager 2: Hmmm... I too don’t like it.
I was in the state of shock for the rest of that day too.

I didn’t shave for some days after that.
Manager 1: Ennada? Dhaadiya vettaliya? (What happened? You didn’t shave?)
Me: Girls don’t have beard. Even if they have, they don’t roam around without shaving.
For once the voice-inside-my-head appreciated me.

I know that the ponytailed me can’t look worser than how I normally look like. These days my hairline recedes alarmingly. I even doubt that my hairline is re-drawn every single day. A bit higher everyday. People say that growing long hair triggers hair fall. I don’t believe it. If it is true, most of the girls should be bald. They grow long hair. Well, I don’t know. i am not an expert. May be they are right. May be I will end up like Larry Finkelstein of Dharma and Greg by the time I grow a proper ponytail. But, that is not going to scare me out of my Operation Ponytail. If I become bald, I can always get a wig. I will buy myself a wig with ponytail.

PS: 'Kaike Paan Banaraswala', I am going to watch Don during the weekend. Mujhe Don dekhne se rokna mushkil hi nahin... Naamumkin bhi hai. HAHAHAHAHA (Aren’t Dons supposed to have a menacing laugh?).

13 Comments:

Blogger Basanti said...

ROTFL!!

If someday the elephants decide to lay eggs, they will look exactly like my head.

Good one!

Aur Don! :P Good luck with the crap! :P :P :P

And btw, I must see you.. now that you praise yourself so much! :P Shall I take my vacation in The Netherlands? ;-)

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, you mean to say your Pony tail is really a 'Panni' tail? ;) ha ha, I would love to see that, why don't you post a photo of yours in this post..?

Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:26:00 AM  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha nice one .. all the best

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger Artnavy said...

So well written
BTW I LOVE dharma and greg

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:51:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

basanti,
i watched don. it is a silly movie, but i liked it. okay, go on with your are-you-out-of-your-mind grin... i am used to it by now :P
you want to see me? then you should wait for the elephants to lay eggs :D
netherlands is a nice place. these people have too much money that they don't know what to do with it. they are busy scratching off roads-of-good-condition-by-indian-standards and re-laying them. amsterdam offers lots to tourists, if you know what i mean. rest of the netherlands is a wonderful place for a peaceful life-after-retirement :)

sun,
haha.. yeah. 'panni' tail :P
i am not that cruel, buddy, to scare random people in the internet by posting my photo ;)

itchingtowrite,
thank you, ji.

Monday, October 30, 2006 3:02:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

artnavy,
thank you, ji :)
dharma and greg is indeed hilarious, full of spooky characters - the whole dharma clan, kitty, jane, marci,... :P

Monday, October 30, 2006 3:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

don..damn..im yet to watch..!waiting for the weekend..

and the pony, i think uys have a problem with their looks!! god knows who told them they look good with long hair. Remo(vikram's role in anniyan), john abraham look good.. but now "everyone" around the world!! my brother is also obsessed with growning his hair..he cuts it once in three months..! just cos my mum would chuck him out of the house otherwise!!!!! :)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

yaaaahhhooooooo!!!!! im able to post a comment....!!!! :) :)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
welcome back :)
i found don good. not many think so.
i too hated remo's hairdo. and i certainly don't think i look good with a pony tail. it is just curiosity. i can understand your brother's position. i too will end up cutting off my ponytail when i go back home. else, my mom would throw me out of home :P

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Expression ! said...

Hey Inder why don't you post you picture with pony tail.Post will be even interesting:):)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

sharda,
i'll grow a proper ponytail first. now it looks like an almost bald pony's tail :)

Friday, November 03, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

ure tying ur hair too tight if ur hair line recides -loosen it up a bit - plus women dont have bald genes ;p

Monday, November 06, 2006 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

visitra,
thanks for the tip :)
women don't have baldness gene!? wow! good for them.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home