Name:
Location: Madras, India

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Munbe Vaa

I think Shreya Ghoshal is a Godess. Why am I still not able to get over her Munbe Vaa? The hangover this song gave me is pretty long and it still continues. I don’t know what makes the song so very soulful – Rahman’s composition or Shreya’s rendition. Anyway, I am sure they are not complaining about the outcome. Neither am I, for having such an extended hangover.

The song has a touch of Kerala flavour and is incredibly beautiful. I felt Naresh Iyer started his part of the song a bit shaky. But he catched up pretty well. I love listnening to the song in Sahana much more than watching it.

The same album of Sillunu Oru Kadal also has NewYork Nagarm. Woh! Rahman is evolving pretty well as a singer too.

Did I tell you that I think that Shreya is a Godess?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is such a cool song. Thanks for sharing it :)
Now I have it stuck in my head...

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:30:00 PM  
Blogger chitra said...

Happy Deepawali to you.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

sakshi,
wow! power of music, eh!?
i think you don't understand tamil... nice to see music traveling past language-barriers.

chitra,
thank you very much!
wish you and and your family a wonderful deepawali!!!

Friday, October 20, 2006 4:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

hey, wish you a very happy diwali..
and yes she is..but the movie was terrible!!! but i prefer newyork nagaram to any song in the movie..brilliant lyrics..munbe vaa is cool too though..

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
thanks :)
i have the mpegs of that movie with me for several weeks but haven't seen it yet. and yeah, 'newyork nagaram' too is brilliant.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home