Name:
Location: Madras, India

Friday, September 15, 2006

Messy mornings

Why is waking up in the morning so awful? I go through this painful experience five days a week. On week ends I wake up after noon. The sound that I hate the most is that of the alarm. Well, my own voice couldn’t receive this honour because my feeling towards it is beyond hatred and mankind is yet to give a name to that feeling.

The first thing I do when I wake up is - shut the alarm and sleep again. This is the period of the day when I get the strong doubt that I actually have two brains. One advises me to be good and get out of the bed. The other brain tells that the first brain is a moron and that a few more minutes of sleep would not bring the universe to come to a stand-still. Then the two brains start shouting at each other. I would blink in confusion for a few moments and then run away from the bed, unable to stand the noisy brains.

Almost every morning I realize that I lead a life filled with blunders. Take for instance this morning. Hair gel suffecient for a week long usage was in the container. But, my fingers wouldn’t reach the bottom of the container to get some. I may end up waiting for a lifetime if I turn the container upside down for the gel to come out. Why did I get that 500 ml jar of hair gel? I am sane enough to be realize that my fingers are no more going to get thinner and longer. Then, why didn’t I buy a smaller container with a wider mouth? By the way, why do they sell hair gel in milli-litres and not in milli-grams or grams? They sell tooth-paste in grams. And, both are gooey...

And then I tripped on the bump in front of my appartment. I trip on it almost every day. I don’t know when I am going to fall flat on my face. It is concrete floor and if I fall on it, the chances of me getting up fully intact are very thin. I think I do live dangerously. That makes mine a dangerous life full of blunders. Sigh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Expression ! said...

Breaking that habit of lying down in the morning and not willing to get up is that hardest habit to break,but once you are able to break it feels really good.
I suffered from that habit for a long time,but not any more :):)

Friday, September 15, 2006 10:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe..
Your morning disasters put a smile on my face, this morn.
I buzz myself for a good 15 min every morn. Then I see my Boss in my mind's eye aur sari neend ud jati hai :(

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I would pray for your safety.

And just to let know, I am punctillious as far as time is concerned. I get up as soon as I hear my alarm, even if I am sleepy, because after a minute I am not sleepy anymore.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

sharda,
yeah... it indeed is tough-to-break habit. in fact, i think i know exactly how to break it... it is just that i don't implement it :)

sakshi,
bosses... they are all the same - scary :P

rishit,
thank you ;)
good for you.

Monday, September 18, 2006 3:32:00 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

I cannot think of any solutions to the other problems, but to that of not being able to wake up to an alarm, yes, I have a solution. Get married and have a kid. There is no better alarm clock in the world.
:))

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger chitra said...

i have set three alarms with half an hour gap. The final alarm leaves me with no choice but to get up and do the cooking, dressing up my son, myself all hastily mych to my hubby's anger!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

anu,
kids... hahah... they are alarms, okay. but they can't me timed :(
above all, i stare at, scold at and sometimes even beat up my alarm clocks. i can't do them with kids. so, to me, alarm clocks are better alarms :P

chitra,
i bow to thee :)

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

oh my god, life is soooooooo difficult isnt it? alarm clocks, hair gels and bumps - cruel!!

Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:00:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

usha,
cruel. yeah. life is indeed cruel :P

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home