Name:
Location: Madras, India

Monday, September 11, 2006

KANK again

I asked the girl at the ticket counter of Pathe, “Two tickets to the Bollywood movie, please”.

There was no communication problem with the people at the ticket counter when I got the ticket for ‘Krrish’. May be it was because the movie name was pretty simple. It was not the case with KANK. The girl at the ticket counter looked at me as though I had said something in Martian lingo, when I uttered ‘Kabhi Alvidha Na Kehna’. To make clear that I was not making fun of her, I hurried to point at the poster of KANK. By the time my flatmates went to get the tickets, the girl had picked up the name of the movie a bit. She said, “Oh… Kabi…” and nodded in recognition. The people at Pathe identify Hindi movies much better by the name ‘Bollywood films’.

So, last Saturday, when we went to Pathe to watch ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’, I asked the girl at the ticket counter of Pather, “Two tickets to the Bollywood movie, please”. She gave us the tickets with a bright smile. The smiles in our faces drained the moment we saw the tickets. They were for KANK. Lage Raho Munnabhai was not yet released in Pathe Scheveningen.

My flatmate found spending three and a half hours on a movie for the second time as too much and went back. I had actually planned to watch KANK again. I was pretty happy with the way things had turned out. I was surprised to see over half the hall filled even after around a month. My surprise was doubled when I saw that quite a few dutch people were prepared to watch the three-and-a-half-hours-long-movie-with-no-interval.

Needless to say, I loved watching KANK, for the second time.

6 Comments:

Blogger chitra said...

I saw the movie and slept through the first time.

the theme was good but not well directed. And acting was below standards. Except for the song, I didnt like the movie.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:24:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

chitra,
haha... any movie over three hours long is sleep-worthy.
i thought that the theme of kank is controversial whereas, direction and acting as pretty good :)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 6:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

lol..kank second time..you are really brave i must say ;)..i like the movie though but second time..not very possible..
i saw vettaiyaadu villaiyadu twice but..awesome movie..did you check it out??

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
haha... yeah. people tell me that i am a real braveheart :)
vettaiyaadu vilaiyadu was good, but a bit too gory to my liking. somehow the last few minutes of the movie were missed when we downloaded it. the movie ended with kamal digging out jyothika. i thought that gautham had killed his heroine as he did in kakka kakka. but then i heard from friends that it has a happy ending. i should watch it again when i come back to india.

Monday, September 18, 2006 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

lol..yeah..that was exactly what happend in the theatre! ppl thought she is dead and left..but there is a last scene where it say 6 months later and those two arew happily married!

and about the movie, i didnt sleep for two nights after watching it. guess i dont have to say anything else! the guys were terrible! very violent and freaky! damn....

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
i got to know from friends about this ending to the movie :)
you lost sleep for two days on that movie? hahahah... then, never ever think about movies like final destination and other horrors. i happened to watch a few of them. on big screen. they were yucky.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home