Name:
Location: Madras, India

Monday, October 02, 2006

Mission Triceps

It had been there for many months. It is one of the many things in my room, which I have no idea why I have with me. I stumble upon it during my weekend vacuuming sessions, I dust it, put it back in its place and forget about it. I had comfortably restrained myself from looking at what is in it. But, last weekend I finally looked into its content.

It is a workout guide. It had illustrations of workouts to tone different parts of body. A particular workout caught my attention. It is the exercise to build triceps. I had always been fascinated by the words – biceps and triceps. They sound too cool to be body parts. They sound more like some tool like ‘forceps’ than a body part. I made a thorough search behind my upper arm only find that I have no triceps. That was a great disappointment. Sometimes disappointment can become a huge motivating factor. I said to myself, “If I don’t have them, no problem, I will develop them”. I thought that triceps would do a lot to enhance my gangster looks. I named my resolution as ‘Mission Triceps’.

With Mission Triceps in mind, I frantically worked-out as illustrated in the guide. Result – my arms are now 60% - 70% dysfunctional. Now I do even the simplest of actions like scratching my forehead with utmost difficulty. I feel like carrying heavy logs instead of hands. My arms remind me of their presence all the time with extreme pain. I say ‘Hi’ and ‘Bye’ with no arm movement. I try to avoid handshakes as much as possible. Despite all my precautions, I had to shakehands with this hyper enthusiastic guy. Boy, that was painful. I was really glad to see that my right hand was still in its place after that handshake. The tragic part was that I had to smile after that torturous handshake as I didn’t want to scare the crap out of that guy. Woah! I can act bigtime. I think I should nominate myself for Oscar in the Best Actor category.

I prefer fully functional arms to prominent triceps. That was more than enough to terminate my Mission Triceps.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

don't you think looking and bieng healthy is better than these stupid triceps and biceps? are all you guys obsessed wiht such crazy things??? ;)

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
stupid triceps and biceps? don't say it aloud. they have created extremely successful careers. proof: salman, john abraham and numerous others. and, arnold has become a governor after harvesting millions just by flexing his biceps and uttering 'i'll be back' and 'hastalavista baby'. :P

why are we obsessed with such crazy things?
don't know... may be we are just curious. we can't change our face. we can't grow taller after a stafe. at least, we can bring about some interesting changes to our body by working out a bit... :D

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

lol..john fine...salman..damn..i dont have anything to say ;)
is it some way to impress girls ;)

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

if triceps bothers you, leave it alone and go to the next - forceps??
sad to hear about your suffering - but as an exercise freak let me tell you this is exactly when you should not give it up! and dont over do it in the beginning take it slowly! all the best.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 3:56:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
are girls impressed by muscles??? i don't think so... :D

usha,
forceps?? i used them in school. during dessection of a frog. that was the yuckiest thing i have ever done. i then swore in that very biology lab that i would never use forceps ever in my life.

and, thank you. i will go on 'mission hit-the-gym' :P

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home