Name:
Location: Madras, India

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Maine Dance Kiya – Friday night

Company had organized a party on the night before Diwali. Met my old buddy, Sun in the party. He scared the hell out of me when he said that I have grown shorter. Grown shorter!!?? Now, how could one grow shorter? I was wondering what to say. The voice-inside-my-head suggested a few replies.
“Yeah. I forgot to wear my heels”.
“Damn. It is the Earth’s gravity. Gravity is scheming against me. It works on me so much that I have shrunk a bit”.
“Haha… Visual illusion, buddy. As I have gained quite some breadth and width, I look a bit shorter. Wait a few more years. I’ll look spherical”.

I pretended that I didn’t hear the voice-inside-my-head and stood there with a broad sheepish smile. I am already finding it tough to digest that my average Indian height is well below the average European height and here comes Sun saying that I have grown shorter. Oh my God!

I hate parties for one reason. It is in parties that I am forced to dance inspite of admitting that I have got two left legs. I guess people have fun watching me move clumsily around the dance floor. There were people who danced as bad as I did, if not more. But, they were drunk up to their nose. They had no idea what a visual pollution they were making. The RJ played some cool songs. One of the event assistants danced to the songs. Wow! She can dance. Though she was an European, she danced amazingly to Indian music. Sandy-boy was undoubtedly the best dancer in the group and the girl preferred dancing with him. I-24 made a valiant attempt to dance with her, but she didn’t even acknowledge his existence. Poor I-24.

We teased Sandy-boy that we would show his wife the pictures of him dancing with the girl. He ended up confessing to his wife about everything that happened at the party the moment he reached home.

10 Comments:

Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

so i take it u danced inspitte of the twin left feet!! so had goo dfun.. great

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

itchingtowrite,
fun?! not me. others had fun watching me dance. i was just trying to save my feet from others stepping on them :)

vibhor,
welcome to gibberdom :)
haha... bavaria is true when it says 'real men don't dance' :P

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Usha said...

come on, everyone can dance. It is just that some people are so inhibited, there is no one with two left feetet that out of y. Gour head and dance to your inner music next time ( not that inner voice that seems to be making cynical statements!)and you will be surprised how much fun you have!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

usha,
everyone? sure??
what about dharam paaji? he can't dance even if god says that he would give him another 'sholay'. and what about dharam ka garam puttar sunny paaji? i think i fall under their category. haha :P

thanks a lot for the encouraging words. i'll try to listen to my inner music the next time i am compelled to dance. i must admit that the voice-inside-my-head is too noisy. still, i'll try :D

Thursday, October 26, 2006 5:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dancing companion for me :)
BTW, what is your new height? ;)

Friday, October 27, 2006 2:43:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

sun,
haha... welcome to gibberdom :)
you dance worser than me. by doing so, you dance worser than dharam and sunny paajis :P :P :P
my new height is the same as my old height. it has been the same for ages after i stopped growing vertically. horizontally, i am ever growing :D

Friday, October 27, 2006 7:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

//you dance worser than me.//
Thanks for the compliments. I have a in-born talent for dancing bad :)

Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:28:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

sun,
haha... i know :P

Monday, October 30, 2006 2:39:00 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

LOLZ about the height fundas :) Sometimes when I encounter such people at parties and they ask me such questions, I am so shocked that most of the times I cannot reply. The fitting reply strikes me much later, but by then the person is usually miles away :) BTW, my first time here..

Monday, October 30, 2006 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

life lover,
welcome to gibberdom :)
i know. and i am jealous of those who reply well spontaneously :)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home