Name:
Location: Madras, India

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Zinda hoon main...

Damn. I am still alive. The world around me is still intact. Another apocalypse predicted proved to be bogus. 666 – The sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year – 06/06/’06 wasn’t an apocalypse at all. Double damn.

I am not dumb enough not to be afraid of the biblical dooms day – 06/06/’06. Any sane human would agree, without a second thought, that apocalypse is a certain possibility. There are numerous reasons for the world to come to an end. Some of the prominent ones are:

1. It may very well be true that Osama’s favourite pastime is collecting nuclear bombs. He may already have an assortment of nukes. Considering his lethal attraction towards destruction, it is always on the cards that he decides to celebrate an early Diwali.
2. My namesake at office could somehow manage to get all the TVs and radios in the world to broadcast one of her favourite I-am-the-busiest-person-in-the-whole-galaxy-and-the-world-would-come-to-a-stand-still-if-I-stop-working speeches. If there is something scary enough to inspire the world to mass-suicide without any sort of regret, it is her lectures.
3. The aliens may conclude that they have had enough of the human race.
4. My mom may have prophesied the end of the world. Well, whenever something goes wrong, my mom says that she already knew about it and had said about it. Though, I have never been able to remember when she warned me.
5. May be, God really exists and he suddenly gets this urge to show the world his presence. There cannot be a better way to remind the world, which had made fun of him, than destroying it altogether.
6. A cute little meteor may decide to embarrass the over smart NASA scientists by bumping into the earth.
7. May be, there is a giant volcano sleeping below Antarctica. It may erupt without any announcement. This may cause a big time meltdown and water may succeed in conquering the remaining 25% of the earth’s surface.
8. The plants and trees may get so pissed off by deforestation and stuffs that they decide to go on strike by halting photosynthesis. No photosynthesis – no oxygen. No oxygen – no me and no you. Quite simple, isn’t it?
9. The doubt that the decision makers of the governments of the world are really nuts may prove to be correct. They may suddenly get attracted to the idea of disarmament and decide to implement it by exploding their missiles and nukes in public places.

I didn’t do a few things believing in the apocalypse theory. I didn’t fill in my appraisal form at office (Why bother about appraisal at office when you are about to face The Appraisal by the God?). I didn’t buy those cute FIFA World Cup T-Shirts that I saw at C&A’s window (I hope they are not sold out). Got quite a few things to catch up with.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

wow..that was an awesome write up..to be very frank i totally forgot about the 666 thing! man wish one of them really happens!

point 6 was amazing..armageddon type..wow wish some guy like bruce willis saves us all;)

nice title though:)

Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:08:00 AM  
Blogger chitra said...

quite an imagination!

i used to wish for before i had to appear for my first board exams (class X).

Had to write that and many more exams in the future.

Friday, June 09, 2006 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

kavya,
armageddon? i think an alien attack would be more fun.

chitra,
ha.. ha.. my mind was totally blank when i wrote my board exams. no wonder i got such crappy score.

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

if alien attack us, then i guess they will be the next starers of karan johar! he might bring out love stories frm them too...that should be fun too! ;)
then we can also expect a mega serial out of it!

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

u gave me an idea. thanks :)
i always thought that i am infact an alien. may be, one of these days, i will make a post on why i think i am an alien.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home