Name:
Location: Madras, India

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Weekend watching Tennis and movies

The weather during the weekend ranged between bad and worse. Cold, Murky and wet. Not that I would have went out if the weather had been better. On any day, you can find me content, relaxing in the couch, holding the remote.

Watched the live telecast of the match between Rafel Nadal and Paul-Henri Mathieu on Saturday. And, that was one hell of a match. When you fight as brave as Mathieu did, the result doesn’t actually matter. Most of the games went to deuce (‘Egalite’ as the chair-umpire called it), both breaking each other’s serve at will. It was like a bloody street fight, each matching the other point for point and shot for shot. Nadal managed to pull it off at 5-7, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.

Went to Pathe that evening (well, 9 O’ clock is evening when you still have some daylight remaining) to watch Silent Hill. I have some very sore experiences in the recent past with horror films (like Hostel and Final Destination III). Still I went to watch the movie just because of my curiosity to know why would one what to make a movie inspired by a video game. My mistake. Came out of the cinema hall with my head spinning all over the place. First of all, the gore that the movie so very proudly dished out is not my cup of coffee. Second of all, I did not understand the plot. Is Silent Hill present in the real world or is it in a parallel world? Are the mother, kid and the cop alive when they enter Silent Hill or are they already dead? Third of all, the dialogues were crappy. Fourth or all, the guy who sat next to me in the cinema hall scared me to death with his noisy breath throughout the movie.

Watched the telecast from Roland Garros on Sunday. Maria Sharapova found herself in another miracle, but this time around, at the wrong end. She lost to Dinara Safina 5-7, 6-2, 5-7 after being up at 5-1 in the final set. Safina may never win beauty contest against her stunning brother. But, when it comes to consistency, she can beat him black and blue.

France had a collective heart attack when Nicole Vaidisova (Boy! Is she cute?) beat Amelie Mauresmo 6-7, 6-1, 6-2. With that great serve, Vaidisova certainly can play.

Watched American Dreamz that evening. This time the guy who sat behind me coughed through the whole movie. When I came out of the hall, I couldn’t recollect anything about the movie. A totally forgettable movie. Hollywood continues to brand the US president as a dumb psychotic. Very sad.

Yippee… Saw hoardings of Krish all over Pathe. Should not miss it like Fanaa. Well, I didn’t have much of a chance with Fanaa, because Pathe showed it just for one day in The Hague. And, I came to know about it very late. This time, I should stay alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home