Name:
Location: Madras, India

Monday, March 16, 2009

Me?

Met R the other evening. He was walking with a distinct limp. Had the formal hi-how-do-you-do. Nodded at the customary “Are you still in your first job?”.
He then went on – “Hey, you know what? I did a big mistake man. You remember H? My boss received his resume and he asked for my opinion about H. I thought it was you and gave a, you know, glowing review. I said that he is among the best resources available”.
“Wow! Do you think so? Thanks man. H too is good at what he does”.
“He is. Why I am saying this is because I messed up with names and faces”.

What R said may be far from truth. It may be the greatest overstatement of the year. But, it feels wonderful to hear something like this about yourself.

R is recovering from a recent surgery. Get well soon buddy! By the way, were you on medication when we had that conversation?

On a totally unrelated note, the lime drink I got yesterday tastes like paint. I should stick to cola. I prefer antiseptic to paint.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rai said...

Someone said: Don't be so modest, you aren't that great!

ha ha...
Btw, thanks for visiting my blog.

Friday, March 20, 2009 4:37:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

rai,
i know... but it is fun thinking that i am great :)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home