Name:
Location: Madras, India

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Spooky spook

The moment I stepped out of my apartment building I realized that I forgot to wear my chain. It is a cool ‘Om’ symbol that I adore.
“How did I forget? I don’t remember the last time I forgot to wear my chain”.

The spooky me said, “That is odd, buddy. It is a sign. Something strange is gonna happen today. Better go back and get your chain”.
The rational me was annoyed, “Arre… Chod yaar. You are getting late to office. Nothing will happen to you if you do not act stupid. Only a stupid would walk back to the house just for the sake of chain”.
As always, I listened to the rational me.

Evening. When I packed my things to leave the office the spooky me shouted, “Take the bus pass and put it in your pocket”.
The rational me sulked, “You are getting late yaar. Rush. You can transfer the pass while walking to the bus stop”.

I did what I always do. I forgot about the pass when I walked to the bus stop. I reached the bus stop exactly when my bus reached there. The timing had never been so perfect. I got into the bus and looked into my bag for the pass. It was missing. I checked my bag thoroughly. Then I checked my pockets.

THE DAMNED PASS WAS MISSING.

I used my emergency strip card for the journey.

When spooky things like this happen to you, I think you have no other choice but to be freaked.

12 Comments:

Blogger Dr O2 said...

:-) and the next time such things happen the spooky side will have it's say again :-D

"coincidence" is a stranger!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Rishit Jain said...

Hehehe, chill out man. It is only a coincidence.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:50:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

dr o2,
yeah. the spooky side is quite noisy... :)

rishit,
exactly. and coincidences are sometimes spooky :P

Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Houseowner said...

what on earth is an 'emergency STRIP card'?! surely, it is not what i think it is?!

cheers!
r

Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:15:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

none,
welcome to gibberdom :)
i think it needs some explanation... the dutch use strip cards (strippen kaart) as tickets in buses, trams and local trains. a bit complicated, but pretty effective method. there are no conductors in trams and buses in den haag. there are punching machines in the trams. we have to punch entries about our journeys in that strip card. the strip cards have blocks. den haag is divided into zones. more the zones we travel, more the blocks we use while punching the strip card. strip card is exhausted when all its blocks are used.
the belgians and italians use cards with magnetic strips.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger RUPHA RAMANI said...

do u honestly believe in all this????
wat if ur unconscious mind was reacting to the ur not wearing a chain.. and got into overdrive?? ;)

Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger chitra said...

I have faced similar situationslike this. I dont know whether is a sheer coincidence or soemthing supernatural attached to it.

So, now, no stirings atached and keep changing my lucky mascots.

Friday, July 21, 2006 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

rupha,
nah.
rational me always succeeds in giving reasonable explanations to whatever spooky me laments over :)

chitra,
they are all coincidences. our thoughts do wander, don't they? we spend a lot of time connecting absurd things and end up with funny conclusions :P

Friday, July 21, 2006 5:18:00 AM  
Blogger Expression ! said...

You know what,these happens to me too.I dont believe on these but,to keep my brain free from doing extra unnecessary work,I just do it ,if some thing comes to my mind.You know grown up in Indian culture ,you cant ignore these."Old habits die very hard"

Saturday, July 22, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

sharda,
good for you that you don't believe in such things... and yeah.. habits die hard.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Nirwa Mehta said...

Hahahaha

Spooky conincidences happen to me so many times.. Myabe because I AMMMM Spooky! :P

I spook the spooks! :D

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

nirwa,
it is obvious :D

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home